Raise your vibration
Everything in the universe is made up of energy moving, oscillating and vibrating at different frequencies. Even things that look solid are made up of vibrational energy fields at the quantum level. This includes us!
As we looked at in Part 1: the mind-body connection, our organs each have their own vibration, as does every thought or feeling we have. This means every thought, interaction and reaction throughout our day has an impact on our overall energy and state of being and helps creates our reality.
Raising your vibration can have profoundly positive effects on your health and happiness, but also on your life in general; attracting energy, creativity, harmony, personal power, and helping you to get in touch with your intuition and manifest your wishes and dreams.
When your vibration is high, it creates that beautiful sense of living in the flow, where you feel abundant in all areas of life. To others it may appear that you have all the luck in the world, when in fact you've manifested it all in on your own! Here are a few ways to do it:
1. Become aware of your thoughts. This is so important - we know that every thought has an impact, so when you make the effort to regularly 'check in' and consciously choose positive ones, you're taking control of your own health and happiness. This action actually changes the neural pathways in your brain over time, creating a naturally more positive mindset. Plus, when you think positive, happy thoughts, the good vibrations radiate out and attract more back to you!
When a negative thought comes into your head, simply acknowledge and thank it, then dismiss it, and repeat as often as necessary.
2. Do things you love, daily. Whether it's a candle-lit bubble bath, playing a happy song, being immersed in a great book, or painting a personal masterpiece, try to make some time each and every day for the things that make you happy and your spirit sing. When you feel that warm, happy glow, know your soul is thanking you!
3. Nurture your inner child! Adopting childlike innocence and joy raises your vibration and gets you in touch with your imagination and intuition, fast. Play - be creative, sing, dance, laugh, run through the woods, ride a bike, or simply let your mind dream.
Paying attention to the little things around you and looking at the world through the eyes of a child in the spirit of creative play and wonder helps push the ego aside and increase your natural senses and flow of inspiration, ideas and self-expression. Plus, it's extremely liberating!
4. Surround yourself with good vibes - in the form of happy, positive, empowering and uplifting people, music, films and television. Hate, violence, drama and fear stream negativity to your subconscious and keep your vibration and life force low and heavy.
Spending time with inspiring people who vibrate highly also raises your vibrational resonance, and helps you attract more happiness and fulfilment in your own life.
5. Create a personal sanctuary. Your home carries your energy, so keep it high and clear by making a conscious intention to leave your troubles at the door and fill it with positive vibes. Decluttering helps prevent energy from accumulating and becoming stagnant, and items from nature such as plants and crystals infuse spaces with positive energy. Paintings, photographs, books, room colours, and even the way your furniture is arranged all create a particular energy, so tune in to how you feel, fill your home with beautiful things that make you inspired and content, and make it somewhere your soul thrives and loves to live!
6. Practice random acts of kindness. Donate to a cause you believe in, help someone in need, pay regular compliments, or just smile at the strangers on your path. Doing things out of the kindness of your heart without expecting anything back will send ripples of positivity out all around you, and brings good karma back to you too!
7. Practice compassion and acceptance. Forgiving and having compassion for those who hurt you may be difficult, but it’s so important to your wellbeing. All experiences ultimately teach us something. Just by thinking thoughts of forgiveness about someone in your past without taking any action will raise your vibration, and also help you to release deeply-held feelings that may be holding you back or dragging you down more than you realise.
Having compassion for, and acceptance of yourself, allows you to continue on a path of growth and make the most of your life.
8. Adopt an attitude of gratitude. Literally counting your blessings and mentally making a gratitude list shifts your vibrations from focusing on lack to what is already abundant in your life. This is a powerful and beautiful exercise to not only increase your vibrational resonance, but attract more tangible abundance to you. Doing this before bed helps change your habitual patterns of thinking, and research suggests it can increase the quality of sleep, how refreshed we wake, and positively influence the day ahead.
Live every day with positivity and good intentions, and watch the magic of life unfold!